Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

Monday, August 19th, 2013

Colten and Mom were able to spend a chunk of the day together...finishing up the last minute stuff that needed our attention.  My sweet boy was exhausted.  While driving home, he fell asleep in the car...just like he did as a young boy.  I remember watching him sleep and thinking that was more than likely the last nap he would be taking for 2 years.  As tears rolled down my face, I was beginning to realize just how long 2 years was going to be. 


That afternoon, during some quiet time, Colten asked if he could give me (his mom) a blessing.  What an amazing experience it was, having my son lay his hands on my had and give me a blessing of peace and comfort.  I am not sure how I was blessed with such an amazing son!  I am so grateful I am the mom of Colten Bruce Baker.

That night, Elder Colten Baker was set apart as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  What a blessing to our family!  To have so many testimonies shared, followed by President Palmer giving him such a powerful blessing...the spirit was palpable.

Following the setting apart, Colten was joined by many friends that wanted 'one last chance' to talk, laugh, cry, share stories, and reminisce enough to get him through the next two years.







Colten took the time to send out one last tweet...




No comments:

Post a Comment