Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 1

Hi everyone!!!!!! Mom if you could forward this to EVERYONE that would be great!! So my p-day is Tuesday just so you know. :) Man I can honestly say the first week here was the hardest thing I have ever done. Every little bit of me thought I wasn't going to be able to do this... I was just really home sick and nobody here speaks good English!!!!!! But, I just remembered what everyone said about waiting till Sunday so I kept waiting and every day got a little better! But, truly by Sunday it got a lot better. I read my scriptures AND PRAYED so MUCH!!! I finished 1st Nephi in 5 days haha. Within the first week I taught an investigator 3 lessons in Spanish! And I can pray and share my testimony in Spanish too! It really is awesome here! Once I got used to the food it got a lot better. But, I am so excited to leave the MTC and get to El Salvador already!!!! My companion's name is Elder Peck! He is from Lehi, Utah and we get along great!!! He is awesome. We share a dorm with two other companions...Elder Brown and Elder Iverson. They are so funny and we all spend so much time together!! The other companionship is Elder Rojas and Elder Perez and they are natives! They are HILARIOUS!!! The MTC is great...and once you get used to things it gets a lot better!!! I love you all and miss you so much!! a little thing for my family.... I think about you all everyday and hope you are doing great!!! I'll be sending letters soon but they are out of stamps right now!!! I'll send pictures too... I just have to figure out how to do it!! Hahaha! Well I love you all so much and I'll talk to you later!!

elder baker

Hi dad!! I sent mom the long email so read that. The first week here was so hard!!! I really wanted to just come home. But I made it till Sunday and it really is so much better!!! I went through the temple today and it was crazy in Spanish!! I love you so much!!!!!!!

Elder Baker & Elder Peck


The El Salvador Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment