Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 7

Hi!!! Ok, so I don't even know where to start, El Salvador is crazy!! I'll be honest... its been really hard! Wow, I don't even know where to start!!! My companion's name is Elder Cruz, he is from Mexico and he is about as tall as just past my elbow! hahaha. He speaks alright English! But, we don't really use English cuz I need to keep learning Spanish... so we only talk in Spanish! He is awesome though! We get along well and I think we do pretty well together!

I am apologizing now, I don't have any pictures yet!! I didn't have any good chances to take any this week but I promise I will send some next week!!

Ok next, my area!! It is called Magdolena, and let me just start by saying it's definitely not America... it's really poor. Our area actually doesn't even have houses that are good enough for missionaries to live in! So that's one of the hard parts, because of that, our house is about 3 and a half or 4 miles from the start of our area, and then once it starts our area is huge!! It's the biggest one in the mission!! So everyday when we leave our house we have to walk to our area and walk back at night! I guess its not too bad, just lots and lots of walking on dirt and rocks literally through the middle of the jungle! I'm excited to send you pictures of that because it really is a jungle! So so so green!! Then there are trails that we take to get the people's houses! But, they are just like shacks. Most don't even have floors, and at night it is very dark because there isn't a lot of electricity here either, so we use our flashlights!! The people are very nice though!!!! The little kids are awesome. They are all very welcoming and treat missionaries very well!

Ok, now our house! It's not bad! Haha our bathroom is outside!! Haha the toilet and shower are out behind the house and the shower is just like a pipe thing coming out of the wall and there is no hot or warm water!! So showers are very fast in the morning!!


I know it might sound like I'm complaining but I'm not!! I think it's all awesome! Yes it's very hard, but it's really cool to experience!! It's very hot here! And humid!! So, I am always pretty wet, and I HAVE to always wear bug spray because I will get eaten alive... haha anyways.. I am excited to start emailing experiences I have!! I love you all so much and I hope you are all doing so well. Thanks for everything and I miss you all so much!! I will talk to you all soon:) LOVE YOU!!! 

elder baker

No comments:

Post a Comment