Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 53

Hi!! Well this week I have a little bit more time, haha we aren’t going anywhere cool today. But, sorry about last week!! I know the email wasn't very long... but this week will be a little better!!:)

Well... lets see, last week we did have the baptism!! Her name is Karla. She had kind of a hard time being able to get baptized!! She was living with another man and they weren’t married and he is kind of a drunk, and hit her at times!! So to leave him was a little scary but she did it!! And she was able to be baptized!! She now lives with her parents (recent converts) and her dad got to do the baptism!!! He was so happy. He wouldn’t stop saying it!! So to answer your question... I think that is what I love most about the mission!! Seeing the amazing changes people make that brings them true happiness, not just worldly happiness. The baptism was great!! Me and some other missionaries gave the musical number again!! It was a cool experience... and Karla brought some other friends of hers that we are now teaching!!! It all worked out good:)

As for the week, we’ve been working like crazy. I’ve pretty much not been working in my area at all these last two weeks... I’ve just been going to other areas in the zone helping out the missionaries and meeting their investigadores!! But the results are really showing!! Every area in the zone should be baptizing this month!! ...and as a zone we are baptizing 22 people. So thats pretty cool!! I really do love it. Sometimes it is hard... actually most of the time its hard!! But, there is always that one thing that just keeps you going. I can honestly say that learning more and more about the atonement and really trying to understand it has helped so much in the mission!! ...and it gives me that excitement to work!!

So this week has been a good one!! I really like my area and ward!! I can't believe its been a year!! That is a little crazy to me. I love you all so much!! Thanks for the emails!:) adios. 

elder baker












No comments:

Post a Comment