Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 86

Hi everyone ! I'm glad to hear that for the most part everyone is doing good:)) ...and I hope dad is feeling better and that he doesn't stay sick for too long. I miss you all so much and love hearing from all of you!! 

I had a good week:) I got to go back to Atiquizaya!!! So I got to see some friends from another old area:) It was amazing I love seeing them all! In addition to going to Atiquizaya we also got to go to the temple and do a temple session. I LOVED it!! It's been 6 months since the last time I went, and it felt so nice! I received some answers I really needed and felt the spirit very strongly!! The weirdest part is that it was my last time going through in El Salvador and as a missionary. About 20 months ago I went through the El Salvador temple for the first time, and thought it was so beautiful. I remember President Cordon sat with me in the celestial room and than took me out and took me into the sealing room and said "Elder Baker, this is where you need to take your wife, there is no where else in the world you need to take her other than right here." ...and then he just gave me a hug and told me he loved me. 20 months later "this week"... I sat in the celestial room and just waited for everyone else to leave and then once everyone else was gone I was able to say some prayers and I felt the spirit so very strongly. Then, just like the first time I had gone through with Pres. Cordon, I left and just walked into the sealing room and my eyes filled up with tears as I thought about the words Pres. Cordon had told me almost two years ago... and I made a promise that thats where I will take my wife! The spirit I felt in that moment is the same spirit I want to have the rest of my life. 

I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for all of the emails:) I love hearing from you all! Yes, I heard Elder Neilson is getting married!! It is weird to think that about a year ago we were comps and now he is getting married. But, I'm proud of him! Well have a great week! I'll talk to you all soon:) adios. 
elder baker




No comments:

Post a Comment