Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 74--(Cont.) I share this with you because it was one of those moments that, as your mom, made my heart very happy!

Colten~

I know your time will be short today… As you always have lots to do! There is something that I have been thinking about that I wanted to share with you. 

I'm sure you vividly recall the day we went to see Dr. Udall, after you had broken your collar bone the second time. You were so sad. It broke my heart. You looked at me with tears running down your face and asked me why this stuff keeps happening to you. Do you remember that? Do you remember what I told you?? 

I told you that the only thing I knew was that there was no doubt in my mind you were destined for amazing things. And maybe, in some small way, all of these trials and difficulties were going to help prepare you for those things. They would help define you and make you the person you need to be to fulfill the role your Father in Heaven has in store for you. That was when I explained, to you, the analogy of learning to dance in the rain… Instead of waiting for the storm to pass.

As we look back on your mission so far – – and you think about the missionaries whose lives you have touched… Your companion whose mother had died… The elder that you just met at the zone conference… and countless others...I believe your experiences have helped you better relate to the individuals who have needed you.  

Does that make sense? 

I love you so much and couldn't be more proud of you.  Not because you are an AP--but, because you live your life in a way that you are worthy to be one.  

I miss you.  Every day.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Love--Mom


Your Reply~

You are right!  My life has literally led me to this point perfectly... and I am so thankful for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment