Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 101--Elder Baker's Final Email

Hello everyone!! Well, I can not believe the time has actually come to send my last email out to everyone. Starting my last week as a missionary sounds so crazy to me but I am very excited. Every day I get more and more nervous... more and more excited, and more more curious about what it's going to be like once I get back. This mission has been two of the most important and life changing years of my life. 

This week I had my last interview with president and he told me lots of really cool things. He told me about the priorities I need to have as a returned missionary and just some of the things to expect as I get home. Then we talked a lot about the mission and things I've learned, how I've applied it to my life, and how I have felt the power of the Atonement in my life being a missionary. I'll tell you right now that if there is one thing I've grown to love and understand better it is the Atonement. I know that probably 99% of returned missionaries say that same thing about the atonement, but I think I've just come to realize the effect it has in my life and how it can continue to change my life. I am so thankful for this gospel and the opportunity I have had to be a missionary sharing it. It wasn't always easy, at times it was very hard! A quote I have relied on most of my mission is "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it", and I can now say I know that it was worth it. ...but the most important thing is to understand is that now it is time to come home, and live everything I have learned. These next couple of days I will be visiting lots of people and saying bye! One reason I am happy I will be at the temple trip is I will see EVERYONE!! I have come to love the people here so much, and I'm going to be able to see everyone from my old areas and all of the missionaries. So that is one big advantage to be staying two extra days. 

Tonight I will be having my last baptisms. Brandon and his sister are getting baptized tonight at 6pm. It is going to be really cool. There are lots of people excited for them to get baptized. 

Thanks for everything. Thank you for all of the support you have given me, and thank you for the love I have felt from everyone while I have been gone. Have an amazing week and I will see you all on Saturday!!:) LOVE YOU!!! 
--Elder Baker



No comments:

Post a Comment